Gem Prep: Nampa Reopening and COVID Response
Gem Prep is deeply committed to the safety of our scholars and staff. Our mission is to protect the well-being of those we care about through appropriate planning and precautions. These measures are designed to balance the need for a consistent, rigorous education with the need for protecting the safety of Gem Prep scholars and staff.
- School will begin on August 16th for all Gem Prep students.
- Face coverings (masks) will be optional for all staff and scholars inside and outside the building. Please view CDC guidelines on how to safely wear a mask, here.
- An optional ONLINE learning option will no longer be available, we suggest your scholar enrolls into our Gem Prep: Online (GPO) school. If your scholar has been at a Gem Prep brick & mortar school for a full year, decides to attend GPO, and then wants to return to a brick & mortar they are eligible for a Gem Transfer priority.
- Online learning may occur due to any quarantine expectations.
- Gem Prep will continue to communicate with parents via SchoolMint before school begins and will post ongoing communications to the website. Once school begins, Gem Prep will communicate using Class Dojo for elementary students as well as PowerSchool for all students - instructions for connecting to these apps will be sent out at the beginning of school.
- Our Gem Prep reopening plan will change over time as circumstances change or as additional information becomes available.
- Please reach out to your School Operations Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
- Reopening Plan - 21-22 Campus Reopening Guide
- Protocols & Strategies - 21-22 COVID Protocols & Strategies
- Safe Return to In-Person Checklist - GPN ARP Checklist
- Use of Funds Plan - GPN ESSR Plan
- Q&A Responses - Responses to Common Q&A
- COVID Numbers - Current COVID-19 #'s
- Regular Calendar - Regular School Schedule 2021-2022
- Regional Health District Contact Information - https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/health/healthdistricts/tabid/97/default.aspx
- Idaho.gov Coronavirus Website for Education - https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/resources-for-schools/
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html