Gem Prep: Pocatello Reopening and COVID Response
Gem Prep is deeply committed to the safety of our scholars and staff. Our mission is to protect the well-being of those we care about through appropriate planning and precautions. These measures are designed to balance the need for a consistent, rigorous education with the need for protecting the safety of Gem Prep scholars and staff.
- School will begin on August 17th for all Gem Prep students.
- The attendance schedule for each brick and mortar school will either be full-time attendance, a hybrid attendance schedule, or full-time online attendance. Each school will follow whichever of these schedules most closely aligns with the local district in which they are located.
- Gem Prep will communicate initially with parents via SchoolMint before school begins. Gem Prep will post ongoing communications to the website. Once school begins, Gem Prep will communicate using Class Dojo for elementary students and Remind for secondary students - instructions for connecting to these apps will be sent out at the beginning of school.
- CDC and local district health guidelines for staff and student safety will be followed.
- Our Gem Prep reopening plan will change over time as circumstances change or as additional information becomes available.
- Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Parent Letter - Gem Prep School Schedules for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Regular Calendar - Regular School Schedule 2020-2021
- Hybrid Calendar - Hybrid School Schedule 2020-2021
- Hybrid/Online Visualization - Gem Prep Hybrid/Online Schedule Visualization
- Regional Health District Contact Information - https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/health/healthdistricts/tabid/97/default.aspx
- Idaho.gov Coronavirus Website for Education - https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/resources-for-schools/
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html