GEM PREP BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Dennis Turner - Chairman
Barb Femreite - Vice Chairperson
The contact for the Board is the Board Clerk’s email address [email protected].
Board of Directors meetings are generally held on the third Thursday of each month. The agenda is posted 48 hours prior to the meeting. Board member information, policies, agendas, and minutes may be viewed at Gem Innovation Schools BoardDocs.
Board meetings may be viewed by the public at our school locations.
The Board's function is primarily to establish the policies that govern the school. Individual members have no authority to act on their own. Instead, Board consideration and action are made during formal sessions.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD THROUGH PUBLIC COMMENT
Individuals who wish to address the Board of Directors during the public comment section of the board meeting may do so by submitting a request for public comment. Before a public comment item is granted and placed on the agenda, an individual (parents, students, staff or the general public) shall follow proper administrative channels. It is critical to follow the below order before a public address item is presented to the Board for consideration and/or action:
- Teacher or staff, if applicable
- Principal, if applicable;
- Principal Supervisor, then
- Executive Director/CEO; then
- Board of Directors.
- The request must include the reason for the appearance, as well as the name, address, and telephone number of the person submitting the request.
- The request must also describe how the administrative channel above has been followed.
- Requests for placement on the agenda must be received by 5:00 PM MT the Wednesday before the regularly scheduled monthly board meeting.