GEM PREP BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Dennis Turner - Chairman
Barb Femreite - Vice Chairperson
The contact for the Board is the Board Clerk’s email address [email protected].
Board of Directors meetings are generally held on the third Thursday of each month. The agenda is posted 48 hours prior to the meeting. Board member information, policies, agendas, and minutes may be viewed at Gem Innovation Schools BoardDocs.
Board meetings may be viewed by the public at our school locations.
The Board's function is primarily to establish the policies that govern the school. Individual members have no authority to act on their own. Instead, Board consideration and action are made during formal sessions.
Communications TO THE BOARD
The Board recognizes the value of public comment on educational issues and the importance of involving members of the public in its meetings.
There are two options for public communications to the board: 1) written communications 2) public comment during board meetings.
Before a written comment or public comment item is placed on the agenda, an individual (parents, students, staff or the general public) shall follow proper administrative channels. It is critical to follow the below order before an item or comment is presented to the Board for consideration and/or action:
- Teacher or staff, if applicable
- Principal, if applicable;
- Chief Academic Officer, if applicable
- Chief Operation Officer, if applicable
- Executive Director/CEO; then
- Board of Directors.
Communications may be emailed to the Board Clerk for circulation to the board through the regular meeting agenda packets.
- This communication will be shared publicly therefore the board requests that personal identifiers, especially regarding minors, not be included in the written communications. If information includes confidential details, it will not be shared publicly.
- Correspondence must be received by 5:00 PM MT the Wednesday before the regularly scheduled monthly board meeting in order to be included in the board packet and circulated to the board. Communications received after that deadline will be circulated to the board through the board packet the following month. Any correspondence pertaining to personnel should follow proper administrative channels outlined above.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD THROUGH PUBLIC COMMENT
Individuals who wish to address the Board of Directors during the public comment section of the board meeting shall notify by emailing the Board Clerk at [email protected].
- The request must include the reason for the appearance, as well as the name, address, and telephone number of the person submitting the request.
- The email must also describe how the administrative channel above has been followed.
- Requests for placement on the agenda must be received by 5:00 PM MT the Wednesday before the regularly scheduled monthly board meeting.
For additional guidance on public comments before the board please reference Gem Innovation Schools’ BoardDocs Portal, Policies Tab.